Monday, December 1, 2008

Memories recorded at Cobalt Studios, 30th November 2008

1,Jill Bloodsworth, Penistone
A blanket trapped in the piano and then draped over the settee and then my Mum would
barracade us in with chairs and we'd play in it all day.

2,Tara Scholes, Guilford
Making a den, from 2 armchairs, a duvet and a mattress!
In my living room in Guilford.

3,Joe Frankland, Cambridge
My brothers and I made dens out of clothes drying racks in Cambridge. Then we'd play cowboys and indians.

4,Juliette Baisseau, St Yrieix-la-Perche, France
Musty, smelling old really heavy blankets and quilts. Cutting sunlight, but not the heat!

5,David Hardman, Ringwood
At David's Grandfather's house, there was a wood behind his house, "we used to dig caves out of the soil/sand underneath the trees-it's a wonder we didn't kill ourselves actually!"

6,Sarah Coller, Bath
I love dens, spent a lot of my gorgeous childhood in them. One was made out of a tractor cab and we put it in a tree. Very territorial-a refuge from my brothers, gangs formed, outside all day, all weather.

7,Marjolaine, East Dulwich, South London
I remember putting all the chairs together then putting sheets across them-pulling the sheets and chairs to make a tent shape and taking cushions and candles inside! I roasted marshmallows on the candles (alone and with friends) sounds dangerous!!

No comments: